This discussion is now closed.
Discussion 1 Timeline
The 8th World Water Forum will have Water for Sustainable Development as one of its central themes, focusing on water for human activities and the role of water use in different sectors and in countries’ development. In order to reach that, four topics have been set to comprise the debate questions under Development. The following topics should split into Thematic Sessions and other debate stages during the 8th World Water Forum in 2018:
- Water, energy and food security nexus (Water for food/ Water for energy)
- Inclusive and sustainable growth, water stewardship and industry
- Efficient use of surface water and groundwater - urban and rural
- Infrastructure for sustainable water resource management and services
Considering the above topics about Development:
- What are the major challenges under each topic that concern civil society and communities and need to be raised for debate during the 8th World Water Forum?
- How those challenges apply to problems in your city, community or neighbouring surroundings?
Your feedback will support the organization instances of the Forum in the definition of Thematic Sessions and other opportunities for debate during the event.